Travis Scott’s offer to pay for Ezra Blount funeral declined by family

November 30, 2021
This photo provided by Taylor Blount shows Ezra Blount, 9, posing outside the Astroworld music festival in Houston. Ezra was injured at the concert during a crowd surge.
19
Views

[
]

Parents of Ezra Blount, the 9-year-old boy who died after attending Travis Scott‘s Astroworld Festival, are declining the rapper’s offer to pay for their son’s funeral. 

Attorneys for Scott told lawyers representing Ezra’s father Treston Blount that the “Out West” rapper wanted to pay for the child’s funeral expenses in a Nov. 24 letter, obtained by USA TODAY. The letter added that Scott footing the bill would “have no effect on Mr. Blount’s lawsuit.”

Ezra’s family declined the financial offer in an email response from attorney Bob Hilliard sent the same day. 

“The loss of a child is like a faucet of unimaginable pain that has no off handle,” Hilliard wrote. “Your client’s offer is declined. I have no doubt Mr. Scott feels remorse. His journey ahead will be painful. He must face and hopefully see that he bears some of the responsibility for this tragedy.” 

Ezra was the youngest and tenth person to die in connection to the Nov. 5 music festival, where a large crowd surge pushed toward the stage as Scott performed, packing people so tightly together they couldn’t breathe. 

‘Absolutely devastated’:Travis Scott, Kylie Jenner address Astroworld tragedy on Instagram

Ezra’s heart, lungs and brain were injured in the melee. He was taken to a Houston hospital and placed in an induced coma, his grandfather, Bernon Blount, said. Ezra and his father, Treston Blount, traveled from out of town to attend the concert and spend quality time together, Bernon Blount said last week.

Astroworld’s 10th victim:9-year-old boy in coma from injuries dies

“They were expecting to come and have a good time with each other, bond as father and son, and it turned into a tragic event because of the negligence of others,” Bernon Blount told the Associated Press.

The Blount family hired attorney Ben Crump in addition to Hilliard to file a lawsuit on behalf of Treston Blount against Live Nation Entertainment, Scott and others.

The other nine victims ranged in age from 14 to 27. Roughly 55,000 people attended the concert. 

Contributing: Edward Segarra and Celina Tebor

[
]

Source link

Article Categories:
World

Life is like a running cycle right! I am a news editor at TIMES. Collecting News is my passion. Because my visitors have the right to know the truth and perfectly.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The maximum upload file size: 8 MB. You can upload: image, audio, video, document, spreadsheet, interactive, text, archive, code, other. Links to YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and other services inserted in the comment text will be automatically embedded. Drop file here