Hyderabad: Army jawan on bike dies after Chinese manja gets wrapped around neck

An army jawan died after a Chinese manja (banned kite string) got wrapped around his neck in Hyderabad while returning from duty, the police said on Sunday.

The soldier, identified as K Koteswar Reddy, lost control of his bike when he was about to reach the Langar House area where he had been staying. He was a native of Visakhapatnam in neighbouring Andhra Pradesh.

A case has been registered, and the body was handed over to army authorities after postmortem at Osmania Hospital today.

The Chinese manja is a type of strong, abrasive kite string, made of cotton thread coated with a mixture of rice glue, tree gums, and finely powdered glass or similar abrasives.

This coating helps the string cut through other kites’ strings during kite-flying competitions. Due to the dangers it poses, these strings have been banned in India.

Published On:

Jan 14, 2024

Tune In

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *